Sending an email with Prezentor is the perfect way to gain insights into how your clients are interacting with your content.
To learn how to track your emails, please refer to our Tracking and Statistics section.
You can attach presentations, PDFs, agendas and so much more to your emails, directly from the App.
In this guide we will show you how to:
1. Access and send emails from Prezentor.
2. Understand the different kinds of email statuses.
3. Create email templates in the App.
4. Create email templates in the Backend.
5. Copying email templates to another user.
To learn how to do so, watch this video:
You can check the status of your sent mails by looking at the "Status" column to the right of the mail.
Here is a list of mail statuses that you may see, as well as a short description of what they mean:
Sent: The e-mail has been received by the recipient.
Opened: The e-mail was opened by the recipient.
Clicked: An attachment in the e-mail was opened by the recipient.
Stats report: The user blocked consent to view if he opened the e-mail or not, but gave consent for you to view the presentation stats.
Tracking declined: The user blocked consent for tracking if he viewed the e-mail or not.
Spam report: The e-mail has been marked as spam by recipient or his spam filter.
Dropped: The e-mail was not delivered. Possible reasons include an unsubscribed address, a spam reporting address, or an invalid e-mail.
Deferred: The e-mail has not been delivered due to an issue on the recipient’s server. Within 72 hours, Prezentor will attempt to deliver the e-mail once again.
Bounce: A message that has been returned to the server that sent it. Bounced e-mails are either a permanent failure to deliver the e-mail, or a temporary failure to deliver the e-mail, based on conditions of the recipient mail server.
Hard Bounces: A hard bounce is an e-mail message that has been returned to the sender because the recipient’s address is invalid. This might occur because the domain name doesn’t exist or because the recipient is unknown. If an e-mail is on the bounce list, we will auto-drop any future requests to this e-mail address.
Soft Bounces: A soft bounce is an e-mail message that gets as far as the recipient’s mail server but is bounced back undelivered before it gets to the intended recipient. This might occur when the recipient’s inbox is full.
If you'd like to create email templates, for example adding your email signature, or to make sending the same email to multiple clients easier, you can do so either through the App or in the Backend (editor.prezentor.com)
When you attach the whole presentation to your e-mail template, the presentation will always be the latest released/updated version. When you have selected slides from a presentation attached to your e-mail template, the presentation will always be in the state it was when you selected the slides, meaning the slide content will not be changed when the main presentation is updated.
To create a template in the App:
1. In the 'Actions' menu, go to 'Mail'.
2. Create the e-mail you would like to save as an template and click 'Save as template' on the right side of the subject line.
To create a template in the Editor:
1. Go to 'User' and click 'E-mail templates'.
2. Create your template and save it. Within few minutes the template will be available on all your devices.
Update - NEW Feature: E-mail Signature
When you create a new e-mail in your Prezentor app, you will now see a new button called Signature on the top bar:
This new function allows you to create a signature that will be added automatically to all your e-mails.
This is how you do it:
1. Create a new e-mail in your Prezentor app
2. Type in the text you wish to use as a signature and add any logo(s)
3. Click on the Signature button and on "Save as Signature"
You will see the following pop-up message:
IMPORTANT: Your new signature will now be applied automatically to your emails, and you will see it is already there whenever you create a new email. If you have previously saved any e-mail templates that already include a signature, remember to delete it from the template, in order to avoid duplicates.
You will also be reminded by the following pop-up the next time click on 'template':
Copying a template to another user:
If you are an Admin, you can copy a template from one user to another. If you are a user wishing to receive another user's template, please ask your Admin to follow the below steps.
1. Go to 'Users' and click on the user who has the templates you wish to copy.
2. Go to 'Email templates' in the popup window and click on the 'copy' button of the template you wish to copy.
3. Choose which user group, or type in the name of the user you wish to copy the template to, then press 'OK' followed by 'Save'.